Terms of Reference (ToR) for Producing Video documentary on Ecological Farming System
- Background of SDS
SDS was established in the year 1991 as a non-profit, non-political, non government voluntary organization with the initiative of some local dedicated & committed people who are connective with social service activities for overall development of disaster victim people by giving humanitarian supports and its proper utilization for income generation and rehabilitation at Shariatpur district of Bangladesh. The founder of the organization was taken initiative in collaboration with the like-minded Red-cross workers to launch an organization for the development of disadvantaged people after the devastating flood of 1988. Some lawyers, journalists, businessmen and women workers were the front line initiator to establishment SDS. The organization formally starts its work on 1st September, 1991 and after getting registration from social welfare department in 1992, it extended its actions on child-health and family planning surrounding villages of Shariatpur Sadar Upazilla. During interment on family planning for a year it was observed that family planning recipients especially women were malnourished, deprived in their families and were neglected by their husbands. Above all, women were also tortured by their husbands as they were accepting family planning methods. Additionally, on the survey report it was unanimously agreed by General committee, Executive committee, Advisory committee and workers of the organization that steps needs to be taken to implement family law and women rights in the society. Therefore, SDS started with group formation, organized weekly meetings for women. Groups of women started to learn about their rights from weekly meetings and discussions. At this stage, OXFAM (UK & I, presently GB) came forward to assist “SDS”. At present, SDS is working in the field of Disaster Management, Poverty alleviation, Training, Education, Agriculture, Health & Nutrition, Advocacy, Arbitration and Legal support, Environment, Water & Sanitation (WATSAN) Climate change adaptation, HIV/AIDS, Micro Finance & Women and Child Rights.
1.2. Brief about the Project
The project is the concern of natural and zero budget based agriculture system. This present project under the main project namely ‘‘Promoting Agricultural Commercialization & Enterprise (PACE),sub –project head; ‘‘Increasing income of char land Entrepreneurs by Ecological Farming System Disseminations’’.
The purpose of the project is to strengthen cultivation of native variety of vegetables, native chicken, Ducks and their value chain for income and food safety in target char land areas. This is being implemented in collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) and other stakeholders of Shariatpur. The overall aim of the project is to “*improve safety and purity of edible vegetables and their value chain through increased income and all year improved access to safe agro products at local markets for potential consumers.*
The overall coordination and policy guidance of the project is by SDS and Partially PKSF. In addition, the project will collaborate closely with other key stakeholders-at producer, trader and consumer levels while strengthening public and private partnership (PPP) particularly in the vegetable sectors.
- Overall objective of the Assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to produce a programme documentary film on the SDS/PKSF programme highlighting best approaches, best practices, achievements and real impacts in the programme focal areas.
2.1. Specific tasks for the Service Provider
Under the direct supervision of the SDS project team, the service provider will be required to do the following:
- Develop the documentary film’s overall concept and scenario.
- Interview selected participants for the film who will include project grantees and beneficiaries, SDS high officials, , Programme team and PKSF concern.
- Visit several selected project sites and interact with the local communities/beneficiaries who have been impacted by SDS/PKSF-supported projects to get context.
- Develop the documentary script and storyboard to be used in the film.
- Perform appropriate video filming and shoot interviews with the projects’ beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Present a draft documentary to SDS team for comments on contents.
- Produce one final documentary film in DVD of 10 – 15 min long and if needed
- Output /Deliverables
Submit a storyboard and script for the documentary to SDS for approval before filming;
- Present draft documentary and document for booklet to SDS project team members at the end of the field mission and incorporation of comments;
- Produce an edited Video Recording of the scenarios captured, and the footage of the recorded stories.
- Present a complete 10-15 minute documentary film version, and hand over 2 master copies of each version to SDS.
- Required Qualifications and Experience of the Service Provider
The service provider will be required to have the following:
- More than 5years experience working in similar field
- Extensive experience in producing development work related documents for publication and documentaries for international organizations with the aim of reaching both local and international audiences
- Experience in working with PKSF and other international organizations
- Local knowledge of the provinces and languages.
- Excellent technical capacities (state of the art filming equipment preferably High Definition) to ensure smooth and high quality production.
- Experience in development communication.
- Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is coiled with different time line hence it require multiple shooting for different aspect of project documentation, so it’s expected to start with onset of new seasons at July 2020 and Finished with March 2021.
All information pertaining to this project (documentary, audio, digital, cyber, project documents, etc) belonging to the client, which the service provider may come into contact with in the performance of his/her, duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of the SDS who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form without written permission of the SDS/PKSF.
- Contractual arrangements and supervision
The service will be hired under SDS terms of contract and supervised by the SDS solely for the purpose of delivering the above outputs, within the agreed time frame. SDS/PKSF as the client shall provide necessary support to the service provider in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project documents necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Contact details of relevant people to be interviewed
- Equipment for the Assignment
No equipment will be purchased or provided by the SDS. Any equipment needed to complete this assignment will be provided by the service provider.
The service provider’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy.
- Payment shall be made in three installments of;
- 30% down payment upon agreement.
- 40% upon submission of an acceptable draft film documentary
- 30% final payment upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from the SDS/PKSF.
- Application Procedure
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A Technical Proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider your service suitable for the assignment and a brief methodology on the approach and implementation of the assignment;
- Personal CVs of technical personnel proposed for this project highlighting qualifications and experience in similar projects;
- Work references - contact details (e-mail addresses) of referees (firms for whom you’ve produced similar assignments);
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price together with any other expenses) related to the assignment; and
- Sample work previously done for other clients.
Confidentiality of all the processes during the assignment must be ensured at all times/levels
Note: All the outputs - Captures, database, etc. produced by this assignment (Master copies, soft copies etc.) will be considered as properties of SDS/PKSF. Any part or complete disseminations of such information is subject to approval of SDS authorities.